So a while ago was the Marianas Trench concert, it was awesome :D:D:D

So me and my dad arrived 30mins early and there's already a long line (LOL for the line blocking the passageway into a parking lot xDD) and the entrance to the venue was through this narrow alley, and at the spur of the moment I took out my sharpie and wrote "marianas trench 4/4/09 ♥" on the cement wall xD coz one time I saw a pic in William Beckett's blog with those kindsa things xD

and so we went to the merch stand. It was actually Matt and Mike running the merch stand, but I didnt get their autograph xD (somehow I'm having trouble realizing that there are famous people in front of me o.o semi-famous but who cares theyre dudes in a band) I actually like the fact that theyre running their own merch stand. I wonder if they'll still do that when they get big? Probably not, but still I think it does give the fans a feel of closeness (or maybe coz the venue is small, waaay smaller than the place SP did a concert here)

I bought a TShirt (hoodie is expensive T_T) and a pack that has an album sticker (partly stuck onto my journal :D), a chapstick (cherry, i tried it on but i dont think i like it, but I'll keep it as a keepsake/remembrance), 2 button pins (YAY BUTTON PINS YES one's in my lil cat denim pouch that I took with me last time to the SP cocert), and 2 temporary tattoos (oh I forgot to buy a poster dang!)

So I went down to the front of the stage. There were already lotsa people there, but I'm okay with it (my only trouble throughout the concert is that when there are tall people in front of me x_x) I was close enough to see the band clearly, but too far to touch them when they reach out their hands and stuff

First act was Carly Rae Jepson. She was good. But I dont know any of her songs ^_^; I think it's too mellow for me xD

Next was Shiloh. (lol i remember deadxstop getting operator stuck to his head) She's goooood. She really rocks. And in the middle of her set, at the start of the next song, the drummer started doing this beat that sounds so similar to this song I know very very well...it's because it IS that song. Holy spatula she covered SUGAR WE'RE GOING DOWN!!! omg omg yaaaaaaay! I sang my heart out the whole way, even some of the other kids, in which I am happy for :D I think I just liked Shiloh a little more.

And of course Marianas Trench themselves. I got pushed around in the moshpit x____x but thankfully no crowdsurfers o.O The show was still awesome. Thank goodness they didnt play any song I didnt know that well xP And so many girls love Josh so much xD I used to like him too, he caught my attention on VOT (actually I think it's his hair xD) I still like him, but so many people like him and I tend to go on a less crowded fanbase (see: My Love For Patrick Stump And Not Pete Wentz) I was a bit to the right, so Mike was in front of me and Matt is farther away (*sadface* but I like Mike too, so yeah xD)
They played: (not in order)
Say Anything
Decided to Break It
Shake Tramp (last song)
Masterpiece Theatre I, II and III
All to Myself
Cross My Heart
Beside You
Acadia (kyaaaa I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH, THE NOSTALGIA IT GIVES ♥)
Sing Sing
Celebrity Status
Perfect
Lover Dearest

After the show they said they'll be hanging at the back, but it's actually a 18+ place, yknow? So they brought all the remaining merch outside and hung out outside in 0 degree celsius weather. And I worked my way through the crowd to get them to sign my album sleeve :D I got Mike's, Josh's, and LOL for me asking Mike to get Matt to sign it coz he's on the other side (again!? wth is this like a fixed lineup position or something xD i hate fate) Ian wasn't there, even when I asked Mike about it :( (then while on the way home I just remembered the band talking about how Ian had a migraine that morning and he's still playing for us I was like "IM SO STUPID!!!!" I just added them on Myspace wishing him well soon o.o) I hung around and waited for him (me to my dad: xD tinititigan ko pa sila! wahahah xD) but he didnt show up *sigh* sayang kumpleto na sana mga autograph. don't worry. NEXT TIME!!!

and that ends my Marianas Trench concert rant. =D I will continue to fangirl over Matt and start shipping this pairing sensed by my bandslash radar xD. *rewatches that video they made* yep, definitely shipping xD

somehow pagkatapos ko sila makita at makausap in person parang it's so weird para sakin na magtype tungkol sa bandslash o.O basta wag sana nila makita toh xD

Comments

Popular Posts