HOLYSPATULA NOBODY TOLD ME TRAVIS McCOY WENT TO THE PHILIPPINES!!!!

okay, so he went to the phils around June 20- coz he is the newly appointed ambassador of MTV's Staying Alive Foundation, an organization to support communities that have higher dangers of HIV/AIDS.



So Travie went to Africa, India, and THE PHILIPPINES. Oh gosh I dunno where to start. There's a blog for this, and I havent read all the Phil entries, so I shall flail while reading/watching.

->LOL they dont have those automatic thermometers na sinasaksak nalang sa tenga xD
-> omg he just found out karaoke is big in the phils, esp My Way by Frank Sinatra LOLOLOLL xD
->"The restaurant was just closing, as it was coming up to midnight, but we sneaked through and were given the most amazing hospitable welcome ever." THAT'S US, HOSPITABLE PPLS!!!
-> OH!!! THEY'RE IN PARANAQUE~!!! AWWWW XD
->"It’s a rare occassion you’ll see a hip hop dude putting a condom on a six-inch wooden penis in the middle of a sex ed class in the Philippines…" okayy......no comment.
-> OMG HE WENT TO PARANAQUE NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL! LOL XYLOPHONE!! OMG TRAVIS IS TALL.
-> LOL he discovers the wonder of corn on a stick and soda in a plastic bag LOL! I miss those ^________^
-> ohh Travis is 6"5
-> and went under this bridge, Kaybuboy bridge (more info below) where there's a huge squatter area >.<>

Was there one particular moment or experience that really stuck out to
you
on the trip?

Being on the Kaybuboy Bridge [in Manila,
Phillipines]. It was a place
that wasn't on the itinerary and we didn't have
an objective to go to it. But I had heard about this bridge that 40 or 50
families were living under, and it was no more than four-and-a-half feet tall
and it was something I had to see. When we got done shooting what we needed to
in the Philippines, we went there and I actually got to see the conditions
people were living in. It took about ten minutes to walk from one side to the
other, but in those ten minutes, I saw all the diversity and conditions, and yet
the kids were smiling and happy to be alive.
I feel like I came out of there
a changed man. And I can kind of
relate that to the whole trip; the fact
that these kids are in such dire
situations as far as poverty goes, yet they
still have these huge smiles on
their faces, it kind of made me think. If I
had the power to steal laptops and internet and video games away from kids in
the U.S., how would they react? Could they appreciate life without the perks
that we're so lucky to have? I saw kids playing a game of soccer with a ball
that they had made with rolled up bread bags and rubber bands. It's just the
small things that mean so much to them. It's funny because I posted that
question on my blog and someone sent me this video of this kid whose mom
canceled his World Of Warcraft subscription, and the kid flipped out and looked
like he was having some type of seizure. It's just sad.



so yeah. wow. Travis. I now have a huge amount of renewed respect for him. (oh and it'd be awesome if he writes songs from these experiences, WICKED!)

Comments

Popular Posts